As of April 15, 2020
For more detailed information on our use of “cookies”, including instructions for disabling cookies, please visit our Cookies Policy.
What information do we collect and how is it used?
LAPOINTE collects and stores information from visitors to this website and/or our affiliated social media accounts, including those who register their information online, subscribe to our email newsletter, engage with us through social media or customer care, participate in surveys, or who use the online store. For example, when you place an order, we collect and store some or all of the following information that you provide: name, billing address, shipping address, email address, birthdate, credit card number and expiration date. This information is used to provide the products and services that you have ordered or requested, to process and ship orders, to send order and shipping confirmations and to provide customer service. This information also may be used for our own marketing and internal business purposes, and to contact you about sales, special offers and new site features, unless you have opted not to receive promotional communications in connection with this Web site. To serve you better, we may combine information you give us with other information that we have previously collected from you and/or is publicly available.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- IDENTIFIERS, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, IP address, information that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION that you voluntarily provide us with when doing things such as fulfilling orders, process payments, to fulfill your requests, and to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties.
- COMMERCIAL INFORMATION, such as records or products or services purchased, obtained or considered, when you voluntarily provide us with this information. We use that information to fulfill Orders, to fulfill your requests, to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties, and to send communications regarding our Products, services, and promotions.
- NETWORK ACTIVITY INFORMATION, such as browsing history, device type, browser type, IP address, search history, a consumer’s interaction information, information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details in order to see which areas of our Website are most visited and to analyze and improve the quality of your online experience by providing more of the most visited and desired features and services to give our customers a fulfilling shopping experience.
- CLASSIFICATION INFORMATION, including demographic information such as birth date, age, and gender, when you establish an account or take a survey.
- INFERENCES drawn from any of these personal information categories to create for your reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predisposing, behaviors, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and/or aptitude.
How Long Is Your Information Stored?
We will not retain your data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations. If you request deletion of your personal information by contacting us, via email at customercare@shopLAPOINTE.com or via phone at (212)-226-7277, all of your personal information collected by LAPOINTE will be deleted, as required by applicable law.
Your California Rights
- You may make an information request, up to two times every 12 months, (i) the categories of personal information LAPOINTE has collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources from which LAPOINTE has collected personal information about you; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom LAPOINTE shares personal information; (v) the specific pieces of personal information LAPOINTE has collected about you; (vi) the categories of personal information that LAPOINTE shared for business purposes; (vii) the categories of personal information that LAPOINTE has sold, the types of companies that have received that information, and the categories of personal information each recipient obtained.
- You may request a portable copy of your personal information.
- You may request that LAPOINTE delete your personal information, subject to certain exceptions allowed under applicable law.
- You may exercise these rights through your online account or by contacting us at (212)-226-7277 or via email at customercare@shopLAPOINTE.com or by writing to us at:
31 HOWARD ST. 3rd FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10013
We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests.
We sometimes provide financial incentives to consumers who share personal information. Most often, this occurs in the form of sharing your email address with us in exchange for a discount on your first order. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of the rights described above. Specifically, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Is Information Collected From Children?
This website is not intended or directed to anyone under the age of 16. We do not sell or ship any items ordered through this website directly to anyone who we know to be under the age of 16, nor do we collect any personal information from anyone who we know to be under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, you should use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any personal information to us.
Does LAPOINTE share your information with others?
We may share your personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and/or partners (collectively, “Affiliates”) in connection with marketing and promotional material distribution and initiatives related to LAPOINTE products and/or services.
We may engage third parties to perform services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include payment processing and authorization, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We provide personal information to these third parties, but we authorize them to use this information only in connection with the services they perform.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if required to do so by law, governmental request, process or court order or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with such law, request or court order or to protect the users of our websites or the public.
Third Party Information Collection
The security of your information is very important to us and will only collect personally identifiable information to the extent we deem necessary to serve you in view of our legitimate business purposes as set out above. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to protect the security of your online order information.
Any information stored by us is treated as confidential. All information is stored securely and is accessed by authorized personnel only. We implement and maintain appropriate technical, security and organizational measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure. In the unlikely event of a security breach compromising your personally identifiable information, we will notify you within 72 hours of our becoming aware of its occurrence.
While we implement these and other security measures on our sites, please note that 100% security is not always possible. You play a role in protecting your information as well. Because your password permits access to your personal information, please keep your password secret and do not disclose it to others.
How Can You Opt-Out or Withdraw Your Consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, at any time, by contacting us at (212)-226-7277 or via email at customercare@shopLAPOINTE.com.
How Can You Correct or Delete Your Personal Information?
If you are registered with LAPOINTE and/or have accessed our website and you would like to correct or delete your personal information, please contact us at (212)-226-7277 or reach out to us via email at customercare@shopLAPOINTE.com.
31 HOWARD ST. 3rd FLOOR
NEW YORK, NY 10013